1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

singing

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by music-man, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I don't know if it's a "bad idea" but it does sound risky! I suppose it depends how easy / catchy the song is? The worry is that Y7s can be a funny lot and very self -conscious about singing out loud!
    You say you're planning to use instruments well? Therefore why not just do the song and work out an arrangement of some sort that the children could use to accompany the song?
    Alternatively as it's always good to work towards a 'performance' at the end of the lesson, split them into groups and give the pupils a choice- any of them who want to sing can - any who want to play instruments instead can do that too.
    When it comes down to it though, for an interview I'd personally only do something that I'd done successfully before - atleast several times over. Then you'll feel confident and the children will feed off that confidence.
    Don't know if that helps or not, but whatever you decide to do, hope your interview goes well.

2. 7 children, not year 7s. The children are receptions so it is just if they would pick up the song

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I think that singing sounds a great idea - singing is an important part of the Reception day, and if it's a fairly repetitive song then the children should pick it up easily enough.