1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Singing Maths?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Mar 17, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Anyone else?

2. Did you get it Minnie? Any good?

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes I did get it and it is brilliant.

Really catchy tunes and great for learning maths. My class love the songs and they know some of the tunes already.

I even put the CD on when we change for PE sometimes and they bop along and then sing along to which ever song comes on, even if they don't know it.

4. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Drat ... now it looks like I'm going to have to spend some more money!
    Carrie [​IMG]

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL carriecat...would you like me to tell you the full set of Singing Phonics are also well worth the money?

6. Ditto, but on the plus side, I remember getting an e-mail telling me Book Depository had an extra 10% off at the moment! So that's saved £1.12. Ooooh, what shall I do with all that extra cash...? Cheers for the recommendation Minnie :) I look forward to receiving that jiffy envelope now!

7. Do you think Singing Maths would be any good for older pupils who are working at Year 2 level? I suspect it would be too 'babyish' for them but I'm always on the lookout for anything like this that I can actually use with them.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes definitely.

Counting back in 2s, 5s, 10s to the tune of Drunken Sailor would be fine for older ones. As would a nice birthday song, for recapping months of the year.

9. Ooh, great. I'll look into that then. Thanks!