1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Singing in Geography lessons?

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Mr_grumpy, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Anyone else do this? I even have a guitar in the corner of my room. However, during half term I went a bit further... recording, mixing and releasing a EP of my Geography songs- along with the obligatory water cycle song!
    http://mrsims.bandcamp.com is where they are at, feel free to use in lessons- they should be on youtube soon with a relevant video.
    Anyone else use (or as in my case attempt to use!) song to teach? :)

2. Mr Davies' water cycle song is a classic. I've just started using the biome song from you tube too. Students love them both.

3. I have found that even students who havn't chosen Geography in upper school have been taught my songs from my students.

Simon Cowell eat your heart out!

4. No, I don't sing in my lessons. I'm a bloke, and cannot sing.[​IMG]

I've always assumed the kids wouldn't join in, and just kind of sit and look at you.

5. I got as far as writing the words for a rap on Migration in Italy but haven't had the courage to play it in class although I gave them the words! You're brave. We do have a member of staff who has used both guitar and ukelele in class. The students really appreciated it.

6. It's amusing- I'm not known for my jollyness in lessons, and the looks on the kid's faces when the guitar comes out is priceless!