1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Singing Club ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rkhalsa, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I just started a singing cllub too! The first song we are learning (just 2 lines long!) is a Yiddish Song called Hava Nagila...Very catchy if you put the 'HEY' at the end of each line. You may want to learn the chords of the song to play on the piano. They learn't it within 1.5 hrs over two sessions. Hopefully we will sing it in assemebly next week! X

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Thanks for taking time out to reply - im going to google some of those now and have a listen x

3. My experience is to use songs they know ie, popular chart songs. I have used the songs from High School Musical sucessfully but the songs may be a little out of date now and Glee seems to be all the thing at the moment. I have also used the original song to start them off and then moved onto a karaoke/or piano version of the song. It does help to have the words on screen and the lyrics for most songs can be found online to save the time consumng problem of typing out. Your format seems okay but you will find that they will know the words (or chorus) very well so you can probably just play the song and let them enjoy it. However one word of caution. If you use chart songs, check out the words first. Even the most popular songs can have lyrics that you may not want to use in school. Whatever you do, you will find that your first few sessions will dictate how you and the group work in the following weeks. Good luck and enjoy!