1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Singapore Packages 2018

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MrH20, Mar 30, 2018.

1. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

You're thinking of the Bangkok Big Three, rather than the Singapore Big Three, I think. Of course, SPC2 could always be referring to the BB3 as well.

2. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

Nope. Definitely Singapore. I don't know anything about Bangkok.

3. tjh102

Then my apologies to you! The Big Three in Bangkok has exactly the same split - British, American and "United". I would't have expected that!

4. migratingbird

5. SPC2

SPC2 Occasional commenter

Like migratingbird, definitely SG.

6. yasf

yasf Occasional commenter

Doesn't Tokyo have a similar thing?

7. Spencer_Mills

Spencer_Mills New commenter

Thanks - very helpful. Are any of you guys at one of the SG B3 or BB3?

8. migratingbird

In SG, but not at a big one. However, there are a lot of 'middle' ones that are still great.

SPC2 likes this.
  9. tjh102

Far from it! I am at a small, independent international school. I know people who work / have worked at the Bangkok 3, but my sights are set a little lower. I am quite happy with Tier 2 and 3!

10. gmcgrath89

gmcgrath89 New commenter

Hi, I’m moving over to Singapore in a couple of months time. My partner has just secured a job out there. I’ve got an interview at one school, a look around another and another prospective. Would anyone mind if I dropped them a message about salary expectations etc? Thank you

11. migratingbird

Happy to help, go ahead :)

gmcgrath89 likes this.
  12. gmcgrath89

gmcgrath89 New commenter

Thank you I will send a message over now

13. usernameIcanremember

usernameIcanremember New commenter

We're hoping to make the jump to Singapore and visited two of the of the top 3 schools. Although it was holiday time the vibe in both places was really positive. The facilities are phenomenal - but functional - not just flashy. Singapore is also an awesome place. But OMG it's hot and humid. The packages at the better schools are really good.

14. alicemcclelland

alicemcclelland New commenter

Hi

Also have kids. Does anyone know about the Australian one?

15. kttes2011

kttes2011 New commenter

Hi All

I'm hoping to move to Singapore. I am a primary early years teacher but have worked most of my career in Learning Support - teaching students with learning difficulties. How hard is it to secure a job at an International school with a good package ? thanks for your help.

16. kttes2011

kttes2011 New commenter

Also does anyone know of a reputable recruitment agency that I could contact? thanks

17. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

Possibly the most popular destination in the world, so competion will be extreme.

Join Search Associates. Dont bother with anyone else

18. migratingbird

Feel free to start a conversation with me - am happy to talk about the schools which may be more eager to have you and what kind of package you can expect from them.

19. kttes2011

kttes2011 New commenter

Thanks Where do I find contact details?

20. kttes2011

kttes2011 New commenter

Hi Thank you :) I am new to the forum. How do I start a conversation with you ? Thanks