1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

...since you were a twinly in your father's eye...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Feb 16, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

I still wonder: twinkle!

This keyboard is goig okers [there's an example]

2. It means the "look of love" given by your father to your mother that says "come darling, let us away to your boudoir and spend the night in the throws of exquisite passion"...at this point images of trains going into tunnels and rockets taking off fill the screen.

Nine months later out pops little Inky. :¬))

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Yes, Bauble. I know that now. Presumaly you were a bright and shiny little thing in your father's eye...[​IMG]

4. sorry...I thought you were still wondering what it meant.

I think I was the result of a power cut. :¬))

5. I think my mother probably only ever responded twice to the twinkle in my father's eye - my sister was the result of the first time, and I was the result of the second time ;)

6. Lol...I am an only child and I remember my Dad saying sex was a bit like sherry...."tried it once, didn't like it."

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

I know that, Bauble. Please don't think I'm ungrateful!
    Powere cuts and occasional twinkle - I don't know. I think my father had more twinkles than offsprig.

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Blooming keyboard. Perhaps I meant ifsprog.

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

My Aspieness means that I can get confused by some idioms. 'The twinkle in dad's eye' was particularly difficult for me to comprehend because my birthdad had one glass eye- I used to try and see if it twinkled!

10. As I was once informed I was the result of Christmas Eve in the officer's mess, I doubt there was much twinkling but loads of alcohol!

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

It's a good job Bethannie wasn't told that, eh, Bethannie? What a revolting idea!

12. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

In Scotland I'm told it's 'tilt in your father's kilt' ;-)

13. inky

inky Lead commenter

Great! I'm shocked, of course.[​IMG]

14. I've never heard of that. I like it!

15. inky

inky Lead commenter

A tilt in your father's kilt is a bit different, being rather more, erm, to the point. But I used fondly to imagine that the twinkle in my father's eye referred to his pleasure at the thought of haing me.