1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sims - Achievement Point Summary

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by DNewley, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hi,

As an NQT with a year 7 tutor group i am keen to promote good behaviour from my tutor group across the whole school. Not only that but i am in competition with all the other year 7 groups to win prizes etc.
    I have therefore offered a student incentive where the student with the most ach pts per week gets a certificate and any student with more than 5 gets a small prize. This was ok to count up after the first week as they were the only ach pts registered. As the year moves on it will become increasingly difficult to monitor this.
    I would really like to design/run a weekly report that i can enter dates on for my tutor group. It will need to tell me how many ach pts have been ach since the previous tuesday -> monday. Essentially all i want to do is change the dates each week and hit run. That way i can see who has the most, and who has more than 5.
    Is anyone able to help with this? The students are very excited about a weekly certificate and prizes and i dont want to let them down when it becomes onerous and tedious to do. Therefore i would like to just save a lot of time by running these reports.

Any help would be fully appreciated.

Regards

D [​IMG]

2. Hi,

As an NQT with a year 7 tutor group i am keen to promote good behaviour from my tutor group across the whole school. Not only that but i am in competition with all the other year 7 groups to win prizes etc.
    I have therefore offered a student incentive where the student with the most ach pts per week gets a certificate and any student with more than 5 gets a small prize. This was ok to count up after the first week as they were the only ach pts registered. As the year moves on it will become increasingly difficult to monitor this.
    I would really like to design/run a weekly report that i can enter dates on for my tutor group. It will need to tell me how many ach pts have been ach since the previous tuesday -> monday. Essentially all i want to do is change the dates each week and hit run. That way i can see who has the most, and who has more than 5.
    Is anyone able to help with this? The students are very excited about a weekly certificate and prizes and i dont want to let them down when it becomes onerous and tedious to do. Therefore i would like to just save a lot of time by running these reports.

Any help would be fully appreciated.

Regards

D [​IMG]

3. It must be easy to do from SIMs as I get a weekly report for my TG giving me details of their achievement points as well as behaviour points, attendance and lates. We have a ladder on display, adding their points on each week. To do this, all I do is take the previous weeks total away from the new week to find out how many they got that week. I do that manually as i have a small group but I am sure some computer whiz kid could develop a spreadsheet to do the sums!