1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Simple ks2 science experiment ideas please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by winnieg, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am a PGCE student and need work with a small group on a simple science experiment as one of my tasks.
    I have seen lots of lovely experiments online but they are not that suitable for what I need.
    The requirement is that it is a simple investigation for y3, that we are measuring something ie length, height, distance, time and that it is relevant to real life. Ideally I'd like to give a context for the investigation so they believe we are helping someone by doing our investigation. Also, that I can do it with a small group - about 6 children, in an afternoon and that they can then present the investigation to the class. I am struggling for ideas! Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks!

2. Have yo thought about something like temperature and recording how long ice takes to melt or investigating the best material to act as an insulator to keep something warm.

3. What are they actually studying in science at the moment?

4. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

An investigation I've done many a time is "Does the tallest person have the widest arm span?" or "Does the person with the longest feet have the longest forearms?" Both simple to plan and carry out.