1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Simple and effective ideas for a good and quick plenary

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by BrightonEarly, May 25, 2011.

1. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Best whole class participation is to get pupils to write responses on mini-whiteboards and show at same time to teacher. Or to invest in an electronic voting system.

2. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

I also quite like assigning labels to parts of the classroom e.g. true/false and then asking the class a series of questions based on the lesson, pupils must then go and stand under either the true or the false sign.

3. Somewhere on the TES I found this 'hunt the treasure' thing. It's just a slide covered with small boxes. The kids click them and you might find a yellow dot (the treasure), a free go or another Q. It's fenomenal.
    Lately what I do with it is I divide the class into two teams, say after a writing activity, then I tell them one from each team has to read a sentence. If I'm satisfied with it, the person can click one box. If it's really good, maybe two, three or more. All of a sudden they all volunteer to read the sentence they wrote, and it works a treat with boys.