1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Silly TES job adverts

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Internetstartup, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Has anybody seen that ad in TES jobs for a 'school' looking for teachers that has no premises? Apparently the idea is that the the whole school goes on a round the world jaunt every year and spends a semester in different countries getting to know the cultures, while studying for the I.B... The only problem is that they haven't done it before and they don't have I.B. recognition.
    The whole thing is being run by some American woman with a fancy address in downtown San Francisco. Better give it a very wide berth....

2. Has anybody seen that ad in TES jobs for a 'school' looking for teachers that has no premises? Apparently the idea is that the the whole school goes on a round the world jaunt every year and spends a semester in different countries getting to know the cultures, while studying for the I.B... The only problem is that they haven't done it before and they don't have I.B. recognition.
    The whole thing is being run by some American woman with a fancy address in downtown San Francisco. Better give it a very wide berth....

3. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

This bit confused me
    isn't the 2011-2012 year nearly over?

When i get time I'm going to have a better look at their website - I can't quite imagine how it all works. They talk about "host.schools" .....

4. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

Money, money, money, money.

5. kemevez

San Francisco lady.

6. kemevez

No connection.

7. Appears to be a nice business plan. What's the betting that it is to fleece the rich, travel the world, only pay rental costs for the buildings and offshore the 24/7 teacher package. Now, what would she get out of it? [​IMG]