1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Silly Sketch Show ideas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by scienceteachasghost, Nov 28, 2015.

1. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

One of my 'pipe dreams' has been to have my own sketch show on TV.(I have been told by several classes/kids at different schools I should be a stand up comedian!)

Here are some ideas I have had (I would aim to be a bit like Marmite with half the population saying they just aren't funny and half the population thinking 'Finally someone who gets my sense of humour!)

And yes I am aware some would not pass censorship!

1. (A bit controversial but....) Sketch involving people who get 'sexually aroused' from very minor car accidents with people getting most excited by exchanging insurance details. (The idea being humour is made of a situation that is normally anything but!)

2 BBC Clubbing idents - a 3am Saturday morning ident featuring people dancing and drunkenly falling over.

3. The inappropriate voice inflections sketch, newsreaders who inflect their voice at the most inappropriate point such as 'And the flat was covered in human excrement!' (with the inflection at the human excrement bit.

4. The 'blud' sketch where a spaced out looking teenager is being shown around a blood bank as an apprentice by a nurse and then just says 'Blud!'

5. The honest job interview sketch, with the interviewer asking 'But do you know DAVE?' and only hiring the people that 'know Dave.'

Some might say #1 is outrageous, but many would have said a person in a wheelchair pretending to be disabled is - l give you Little Britain!

Has anyone out there had any weird sketch show ideas if they had their own show?