1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Silly question maybe?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by bennydcfc, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

Excuse me if you think this is a ridiculous question.

BUT

When pupils are in their ICT practical exam, are they allowed to use the Microsoft Help to help them when doing tasks?

I've only started teaching an examination based course (IGCSE) since last september, and I'm the only ICT teacher in the department, so I'm looking for all the advice I can get.

Thanks in advance!

bennydcfc

2. Hi guys,

Excuse me if you think this is a ridiculous question.

BUT

When pupils are in their ICT practical exam, are they allowed to use the Microsoft Help to help them when doing tasks?

I've only started teaching an examination based course (IGCSE) since last september, and I'm the only ICT teacher in the department, so I'm looking for all the advice I can get.

Thanks in advance!

bennydcfc

3. Which syllabus are you following? For Edexcel, the latest ICE document is ready to download from their site now. For CIE,you need to read through section 5 of the current syllabus carefully. Don't assume it will always be the same - subtle changes are made from time to time. And there are significant differences between the two boards.

As for your specific question - 4.22 of Edecel's ICE says:

CIE put it this way in part b of the invigilator instructions (p33)

So, yes, they can use the help files that came supplied with their software when it was installed - but that's the full extent of what they are able to do legitimately. Both boards also have subject-specific forums where you can ask additional questions if you need to get the examiner's view on something you're not sure about.

4. Thanks dhellam, thats a huge help! :)

We are following the CIE syllabus, so I'll go check it out.

Thanks again!

Benny