1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Silly billy Heads - my guess is she was born on Pluto.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by seedybirdy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I find it amazing she is so far behind.....next she will be talking about virtual learning environments and pointing the girls in the direction of internet research!!!
    E-Books what ever next GPS for cross country running and horse riding!

2. PaulDG

PaulDG Occasional commenter

Independent schools are, generally, "behind" the state on the use of ICT in teaching.
    In large part, this is for the very good reason that the "old fashioned methods" they use actually work. When one is free to teach without having to make every lesson an Edutainment session in order to impress an Ofsted inspector and when kids will actually both respect textbooks, treat them with care and actually refer to them when told, well, it turns out paying thousands for data projectors and IWBs isn't such a good investment after all.
    The sad thing is though that these heads don't bother to find out what's being done in the state right now - I've been in some of their presentations & training sessions and most of them think they really have found something entirely new and that they are leading the innovation.