1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sign of the times

Discussion in 'Personal' started by katycustard, Jul 30, 2011.

1. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

My 10 yr old daughter has recently been on a school trip where only disposable cameras were allowed. We've just been to collect the photographs and she saw negatives for the first time. She asked me what they were and when I explained she said, 'cool!' Made me laugh.

2. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

My 10 yr old daughter has recently been on a school trip where only disposable cameras were allowed. We've just been to collect the photographs and she saw negatives for the first time. She asked me what they were and when I explained she said, 'cool!' Made me laugh.

3. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

My youngest has just bought a new mobile phone. I strung her along a bit - told her that texting has now become so advanced, you can just speak into the phone using your voice....

4. Lol, it probably won't be long before that's true.

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

All you have to do is dial first...

6. I can text by speaking into my phone... but it is a USA phone so doesn't understand my British accent.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

It was supposed to be a joke, but it has been spoiled by the existence of voice recognition texting.The idea that speaking into a phone is a 'new' idea was the point of the joke, but now I've had to explain it, it's killed it!
    [​IMG]

8. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I chuckled at you G.....

9. I'm teaching photography from September, I asked my two Yr 9 classes (total of about 55 students) only two had ever seen / used a camera with film... Going to be an interesting experience when they take a picture on a 35mm camera and have to develop it themselves before they can see whether or not it was in focus....or any good...