1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sickness leave entitlement

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kingteacher, Jan 19, 2012.

1. i need to know due to sick day entitlement whether or not my school follows the burgundy paper guidelines. How do i find this out without directly asking the school? i have never been given a writen contract and it doesnt say in the letter confirming my employment. Really need to know this asap as have been off extremely ill and school are now saying i need to give money back!

2. i need to know due to sick day entitlement whether or not my school follows the burgundy paper guidelines. How do i find this out without directly asking the school? i have never been given a writen contract and it doesnt say in the letter confirming my employment. Really need to know this asap as have been off extremely ill and school are now saying i need to give money back!

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Are you working in a LEA school setting?
    How long have you been employed as a teacher?
    How many days/ length of time have you had off sick?
    In the event that you have used up all your sickness pay entitlement you would be elligible to claim sickness incapacity benefit.