1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sickness absence proceedure dilemma

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by coppull, Mar 28, 2012.

1. coppull

coppull New commenter

We assume you if you have been off for this period time that if you are in a Union that you would have contacted them already to be represented at the up and coming Meeting.
    I am surprised that you have not been called into a meeting earlier than this if you have been off for this period of time.
    You do not tell us ,whether you are a teacher and what type of school you are in.. If you work for a Local Authority,then your school should be following a sickness procedure scheme.You should by now have received a copy of this scheme.

2. I am a teacher and work for a LA school and have union representation. No meeting has been arranged yet. I am jumping to conclusions simply because I do not trust the management of the school. I have a copy of the sickness procedure. I have attended OH meetings but no meetings at school other than welfare meetings. (not sure if that is the same thing) It is a genuine reason for absence and is covered by notes from GP.
    Say they call a meeting, what happens at this meeting and how long does anything take to go through? The reason I am asking is that, as I am leaving anyway, I am wondering if they could make me go earlier.

3. coppull

coppull New commenter

Without going into detail on this forum. If you are leaving at the end of August you cannot be made to go earlier than that date. Pleaser discuss this with the Union Officer who is dealing with your case.He or she will explain this in full detail.