1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick!!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by weirside, Nov 5, 2015.

1. weirside

weirside New commenter

i have succumb.
    The official term is work related stress.
    Lost the will and not sure what to do!!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

First of all, I am very sorry to hear this. WRS is not easy to cope with, as you often actually feel guilty as well as feeling stressed and unwell.

What to do? Exactly what the Dr said, which will include not receiving any work-related e-mails or phonecalls.

Try the impossible, i.e. to relax. If you live in your school's catchment area you will feel trapped at home, as you won't wish to be seen out and about by parents. So drive 10 miles away and be out and about there, shopping, walking, going to the cinema, anything that you wouldn't normally do.

But look after your health - that's the basics.

Oh, and eat chocolate. ;)

Best wishes

Keighleigh likes this.
  3. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

I can totally relate to why. The pressure is immense! I think backing off and taking a break is the right thing to do to reflect and calm the mind. The job of HT is hard to describe. It may look 'easy' to others but it is a difficult balancing act. I hope things get better and wish you much luck! :)