1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick to back teeth with referendum 'news'.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Does anyone else feel the same?

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Yes (and I'm basically pretty interested in politics!)

4 months run in is far too long...

3. viceroy

viceroy Occasional commenter

Certainly tired of the propaganda from big business and top leaders desperate to keep the status quo.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Media does seem obsessed with reporting every utterance at the cost of more important issues... or tying everything into the referendum issue.

Or do you mean threads on here? Maybe there should be one EU thread? Or is that asking too much?

5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Yes. I'm keen on proper debate and information but it's all just point scoring and soundbites.

catmother, RedQuilt and delnon like this.
  6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Yes and I just want a simple statement of the facts for staying or for leaving. Not wrapped up in all this flummery. A straightforward list of pros and cons with no bias and then I can make my mind up. Not impressed with Rolls Royce workers being 'blackmailed' either.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I am not as I am fascinated by the ability of media and politicians to spin things,,,Its worth watching the circus.You suddenly become aware of of all the biases in the systems and papers.
    Even on here folks twisting and turning desperately trying to prove their point.....innit?

8. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Yes. It seems to bring out the worst in all of us.

9. oldsomeman

I was listening to question time last night and as usual most ,except UKIp politicians managed to evade the questions....even the labour guy who didn't seem enthusiastic about much.
    Its not the worst in use.its the confusion of ideas and plain lack of simplicity which is confusing.

10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Sucks. Yah. Boo.

You're scaremongering.

No, I'm not.

Yes, you are.

Well then. So are you.

My mum's harder than your mum.

Oh, go shine your shoes!

11. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

You will never never never get a simple statement of facts because there is too much vested interest on both sides of the divide. Also, I suspect some of the "facts" are open to interpretation according to which side of the argument you support. The public will have to listen to what is being said and use their own judgement: that is one of the few simple facts I am aware of.

delnon likes this.
  12. Erin_Rhys

Erin_Rhys Occasional commenter

The British will vote to remain. Your nation is renowned for playing it safe (no matter how compelling the reasons for leaving - and so few, if any, for remaining).

13. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Never mind people
    Only 111 days to go (approx)
    I can take it down to days hours and minutes if you like........ :cool:

14. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

And, as I am sure I have said before, those who live in Scotland Wales and NI are having their general elections (due in May) totally overshadowed.

15. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Isn't wee Davey Cameron up at Murrayfield the noo, criticising the SNP for running a one-party state?
    You couldn'ae make it up. o_O

Geoff Thomas and Alf58 like this.
  16. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

That's my conclusion too.

17. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

'With no bias'? You can't get anything with 'no bias', esp. on an issue as important as this...

delnon likes this.
  18. oldsomeman

How about truthful bias without the exaggeration?