1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sick record for phased return

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kumba-yah, Apr 11, 2008.

1. No phased return is what it is. If you come back eg mornings as a phased return you are essentially back working f/t. Only if you are off ill when you should be working would it count as sickness.

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Is that in the Burgundy book kumba-yah? Interested because I will be looking at a phased return in a month or so.

3. I'm not sure tbh, however I have checked this situation out with HR as it has applied to a member of staff.

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

anyone else got any info or insights on phased return?

5. Yes once returned - be it on phased or not - you are no longer counted as absent...

6. coppull

coppull New commenter

Also you do go on to full pay on a phased return to work.[​IMG]

7. Thank you for taking the time to answer my query coppull. I didn't involve the union in my talks with O.H. regarding the phased return but contacted them afterwards when I found out that I would be on half pay for another month and my regional rep replied 'on the basis of what you have told me, I do not see what the issue is as normal practice seems to have been followed.'
    I am unsure what to do next with having been given conflicting advice. It does seem unfair though if if others go back on full pay. I wondered whether it could have been that on my 'return to work' certificate my doctor had specified a 'phased return' although a particular length of time wasn't stated, and that could be why half pay has continued.