1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick pay

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by Happy Chappy, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi
    Please could you tell me if TA's get sick pay. My teaching assistant does seem to have a lot of time off and there seems to be an understanding amongst staff that when she calls in sick it is never for one or two days but a whole week.
    Thanks

2. Hi
    Please could you tell me if TA's get sick pay. My teaching assistant does seem to have a lot of time off and there seems to be an understanding amongst staff that when she calls in sick it is never for one or two days but a whole week.
    Thanks

3. TAs are like any other member of staff. They get sick pay. If she is away for a week she should be sending in a return to work form. The bursar should be keeping a check on how many times she is away. Perhaps if she is away many times you could suggest that HR become involved. Does the head know how often the TA is away.