1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick pay on a fixed term maternity cover contract

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by LucyEW88, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Some of you may have noticed I posted a topic about returning to work with gastroenteritis last night wondering if I was still infectious. After getting up today I realised I still feel ill so have therefore decided to take my third day off.
    Due to needing to budget very carefully (am having an expensive month with planning my wedding) I just wanted to know in simple terms; should I get sick pay? I am on a fixed term 1 year contract and started at the school September when all staff members came back from summer.These are the first sick days off. Should I be paid full pay if I am paid?
    Thanks
    L.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

If this contract is from the LEA and not through agency, then yes, you should recieve sick pay.

3. Yup got a contract off my LEA, despite the fact it says nothing about pay. I presume this would take into account the fact I've only worked with them for like 2 and a half months?