1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick of being sick

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by woo77, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I started a new job last September after 6 year at my previous school. It hasn't been an entirely happy move but I'm seeing it for what it really is, a job.
    I haven't felt well since then; not always sick but I'm picking up every germ going. I have a lot going on elsewhere and have been put on iron tablets by my GP.
    I'm off again today and I'm so worried about my sickness record. I only stay off if I cannot go in but I am so concerned.
    Not even sure why I'm posting, just need to moan [​IMG]

2. Try not to worry!! Life is too short, your health comes first, you can't help being ill!!!

Try to relax and hope you are feeling better soon.

3. nawoods

nawoods New commenter

Hi Woo,
    I also feel like this. I have had time off due to mc, so feel that is something that school cannot question. However before the mc I did have many sick days due to the fact that I too seem to pick up everything going. I used to be really worried that people would think i was making it up - everyone else always seems so healthy. Now my point of view has changed and I think that we all need to look after ourselves and well being. Like you said, at the end of the day it is just a job.
    Hope you are ok x x

4. Thanks for the replies, feel a little silly posting now [​IMG] Still feeling rotten but I will be returning tomorrow.
    I'm so sorry about your mc nawoods, I've seen your posts on the other forum so you know what my struggles are too.
    xxx

5. I only moved from one side of Leeds to the other and was struck down with every new germ I met! It took a good two terms to stop catching things.

6. rambhai

rambhai New commenter

I have been ill on an off since December 2010. Had Tb in Jan 2010, went back to work in April, sick in june, had thyroid operation in Jult, Oct very bad chest infection with coughing blood (i thought i had tb again). Now Jan 211 virus and phone call from gp that they want to see me because blood test results have come with concerns..................i am tired, feel low and i just want to feel better. Had two weeks off and still do not feel better. I want to be well again and want my life back. Since having tb in Jan 2010 I have not been well............horrible thing.....i am emotionaly and physically tired.