1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick during summer term

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by ihatekids, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ihatekids

ihatekids New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I am currently on my second week of a sick note and it looks as though I will be off until the end of term (17th july). I am employed at my current school until 31st August then will start my new role elsewhere in September.

My question is...if my sickness runs into the holidays, will I still be paid? What if I am considered 'fit for work' during the holidays?

Please help,

J

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

I was always told that if one was sick on the last day of term, but became 'fit' to work during the holidays, one should inform the school of that fact (even though you wouldn't have to go into work, obviously...)

3. ihatekids

ihatekids New commenter

Thank you. That's what I assumed was the case...but does this still apply since I am leaving the school anyway?

4. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

As far as l know it does. But, for your peace of mind, l'd chat to your Union.

5. ihatekids

ihatekids New commenter

Thank you!