1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sick baby :((

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by beetlelove, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Apologies before I start I'm writing on my phone [p]

Hi

2. Stupid phone lost the message :((

Basically my little man (10 months) has been ill for a week now. Throwing up at least once a day, not eating and surviving on a couple of crackers, water and maybe 5oz of milk. Anyone got any words of wisdom of what else I can do? He is getting soooo thin and looks so sad but dont know what to do. Off back to docs tomorrow but it really worries me that he's not eating. Anyone any advice???

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Don't worry about the weight loss, he will soon gain it back. My LO (nearly 11 months) had a bug in September and lost a few oz, but then at her next weigh in had actually climbed up the centiles from in between 2nd and 5th to over the 9th.
    The main thing is, you're seeing a GP, doesn't sound like he's dehydrated and he's keeping some liquid and food. My LO isn't eating much at the moment because she's teething but as long as she eats something I'm trying not to worry. I was told to offer milk- formula in our case- as and when she needs it, as babies often revert back to wanting more milk and less solids when they are unwell. Hope he gets better soon x