1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shuffling files/slides - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by misspixie9, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ok...

I have an idea for a starter activity for DT lessons, that would involve using a set of questions in some kind of random generator to create a quiz...

I've seen ways of running visual basic codes inside powerpoint to make the selection of the next slide randomly generated, which would be one way of doing this, but copying the code into every slide would take ages (I've got 120 questions typed up so far, and a list of about 80 more, without any "new" additions!), and I'm not convinced that the school computers would run it, as it's disabled macros for me before!

Does anyone have any ideas of programmes that can shuffle images within a set window, from a designated folder? I could easily transfer the questions to jpegs or similar, and do it that way, but ideally would like something I can run from a memory stick - I'm sure there's a simple way that I'm just not seeing!

....Of course, I may just be daydreaming again, and it might be easier to just print them and shuffle them up as a deck of cards instead!

Suggestions anyone? x

2. This may sound like a silly idea, but what about simply using the Windows slideshow screen saver called "My Pictures Slideshow" (installed with Windows). It will allow you to choose a folder, it will randomly pick pictures from the folder and set hwo long you would like to display the pictures for.
    You can set the folder to point to your memory stick as well.

Daren.

3. Thanks Daren. This was my "other" option - I was just hoping for something that didn't mean I'd have to save each individual question as an image, rather than a line in a text file...

But hey, I've got 6 weeks to play with now! :)

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

The screensaver offers this option doesn't it? x