1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Show my homework ?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by FormosaRed, Apr 26, 2017.

1. FormosaRed

FormosaRed Occasional commenter

We are talking about using this next year. Is it helpful for students and/or teachers ?

2. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

Our school uses this and it can be useful for both students and teachers. As a teacher, I find it easy enough to use and it has a few benefits such as emailing reminders when hws are due in. Students do is it and can see all their hws in one place, as can parents.
    A word of caution though - it can easily be used by SLT to "monitor" the hw you are setting so make sure you use it if you're at a school that like to offer "support" plans.

FormosaRed likes this.
  3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

As a parent, my daughter was in a primary school that used Show my Homework. I found it a pain in the **** because she was too young to have free access to the computer to check what her homework was which meant I had to log in and check then tell her, show her, print it out etc. And comments or results were never put on so it was just used to set homework. As a way to go 'paper-free', yes it's great, but as a way to encourage students to be independent and get on with their homework, then I have to say no (though of course, it would depend on the age of the student).

FormosaRed likes this.