1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shoved over by class

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Meowmeow77, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Hi, just wanted some advice please. Today while my year 4 class were lining up they all started pushing and shoving and barged right into me. I'm very short and currently 7 months pregnant with a huge bump that thankfully I was protecting with my hands. However, they crashed into me, knocking me sideways and didn't seem bothered that they might have hurt baby or I. I was ok, but shaken up, so took 10 minutes to calm down then went back into class. I explained to the children how disappointed and upset I was with their actions, but again they didn't seem to care. I spoke to SLT and they said they would have a chat with them. Unfortunately, they forgot to do this. This is a very high risk pregnancy due to many reasons and I feel very vulnerable. What shall I do?

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Speak to your head teacher. Convey formally that you feel the need for your risk assessment to be reviewed in light of this incident and your feeling vulnerable. This would be perfectly acceptable a reaction if you weren't pregnant, but as you are, they indeed have to respond dutifully and lawfully to reduce risk to your pregnancy.