1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shove off TES!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cherryaimless, Jul 20, 2015.

1. cherryaimless

cherryaimless New commenter

TES, with your face like a January transfer window in March! I've only just broken up from school. Stop sending me mail shots with Back to School resources in them, you mistiming blighters.

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

oh, for... they're not, are they?

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Its bad enough having "back to school" adverts on the telly, and stnds of sprog uniforms in the big supermarkets.

4. tidal

tidal New commenter

If you really want to stop these contacts Cherry you can just go into your profile (down arrow next to your user-name at top of every page) whip into the preference centre and change the settings.
    Usually it works (I get nothing from them)

5. cherryaimless

I don't mind them usually. I find them occasionally useful. I object to the timing of this particular one though! I've only just finished. Does TES really think I'm ALREADY planning next year's Back to School activities? I'm FAR too busy trying to figure out the new iGCSE that I've never taught before having dumped AQA!

6. cherryaimless

They are, emilystrange...

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

Fair enough

Just thought I'd point out the many options you have

I'm getting the urge to help out of my system before the next update [​IMG]

8. cherryaimless

Ta, tidey!

9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's been 'Back to school' in just about every shop I've been in for the last fortnight! I'm now retired (early, none of your 'I didn't know you were so old! cheek) but those signs STILL wind me up!

When I was a young teacher my best teacher pal and I used to threaten to go round the shops and kick them over.

10. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I am starting a new post for September. The school expects to see 2 weeks of plans and resources done for the first day of term.

So I am spending time planning now, and then I won't have the stress hanging over me for the holidays.

SAL

11. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

12. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

now there's a dose of reality...