1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Shouting at the telly....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrs Peel, Feb 9, 2012.

1. What makes you do it?
    For me it's pretty much anything: - University Challenge (I'm often wrong but I don't care); Question Time; and today Doctors - that wonderful staple of daytime (at home with Dad today because ... oh just because of Major stuff)
    Oh and In The Night Garden - I don't understand!!!!!

2. What makes you do it?
    For me it's pretty much anything: - University Challenge (I'm often wrong but I don't care); Question Time; and today Doctors - that wonderful staple of daytime (at home with Dad today because ... oh just because of Major stuff)
    Oh and In The Night Garden - I don't understand!!!!!

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Lots of things fo me//quizzs,the news and comments/policies of politicians, stupid datime revel all programmes, people doing daft things,and usually comments on any soaps im forced to watch!

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I don't talk much, so shouting at the TV gives me a chance to vocalise!....My favourites are...
    University Challenge.
    Master Chef
    Come Dine With Me

All of these justify my shouting. They are full of *** (presenters and contestants!)....I don't understand a friend of Mum who insists on shouting at Poirot to tell him he's suspecting the wrong person! (I have seen her watch the same episode more than once and heard her yell "NO!...You ***!....I told you last time...it wasn't him!...")

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

forgot about the detective one.i love to try ad suss out the baddie before they are reveled and usually shout ot the baddie.....unles you had tagget or mid summer murders when it was guess who is going to die next!

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I also tend to shout at my laptop....especially when on TES and the swear filter blocks out what I'm pretty sure was an inoffensive 'idiot'
    (just a check will TES let me type *** )

7. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

We shout at it because there never seems to be anything on worth watching. Endless repeats of the same films, repetitive murder/cop shows, crappy reality shows gah!

8. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Definitely! Dimbleby is just awful as a Chairperson. (Although I enjoy other programmes of his)

9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I used to shout at Thatcher and Co, but politicians these days are so grey, bland and corporate that they're just not worth the bother, not even Gove.

Despite my normally placid nature I shout at Andie MacDowell when she does those cosmetic adverts, a) because the subtitle says 'actress' and she can't act, and b) because I don't find her remotely attractive so I can't undertand why she's advertising beauty products in the first place. For starters she looks about 15 years older than her actual age. I know all adverts are false but she just oversteps the mark and I feel it's my mission to make her aware if this.

I've never been excited by TV sport but 'Robot Wars' used to get me whooping and cheering. It's a pity that stopped.