1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should you be acknowledged by SLT

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Iceni_princess, Sep 26, 2019.

1. MissGeorgi

MissGeorgi Occasional commenter

At least, a smile or nod. They may be very busy, but if you pass in the corridor, it’s the least.
    Anything less is extremely strange. I would give a quick smile anyway, just to make a point about *basic workplace manners* :) What’s the worst that can happen?

ATfan likes this.
  2. Tillyrooney

Tillyrooney New commenter

What a bunch of moaners. I'm really disappointed to read all these comments. It's not like this in my school thankfully.

3. Curae

Curae Star commenter

This?

4. lavender_hill

lavender_hill New commenter

It is comments like this that frustrate me on this forum. Someone - who happens to be a member of SLT in his/her school - posts something positive and constructive but - purely because they work in SLT - you have deliberately chosen to be negative and to nit-pick and to denigrate.

Someone demonstrating that they work hard is not automatically a dig at everyone else who works in their organisation!

There are too many bitter, sad, individuals on this forum who bully anyone who attempts to offer a positive, balanced, view - particularly when that view concerns staff in leadership roles.

If working in SLT is so easy and straightforward then all those who hate anyone in SLT should go and take it on - go and change this terrible practice!

VeronicAmb likes this.
  5. FredfromFrance

FredfromFrance New commenter

We work for you?!?

YOU pay our wages?

YOU invented teaching standards and the country-wide mission to serve local communities?

You LEAD, you don't own our labour. BIG difference.
    We work for you?!?

YOU pay our wages?

YOU invented teaching standards and the country-wide mission to serve local communities?

You LEAD, you don't own our labour. BIG difference.

6. lovejoy_antiques

lovejoy_antiques Senior commenter

Don't take it personally. I've met SLT who don't even interact with the pupils. Especially the gobby ones!

DexterDexter likes this.
  7. DexterDexter

DexterDexter Occasional commenter

A long post cut short as I think about SLT meetings I’ve been in (or lack of them)...
    How does a whole team get away acting in the manners described? The head teacher allows it!

8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My previous HT was so scared of the kids he wouldn't even do assemblies and he would never be visible during the school day.

I'm sure there were many of our pupils at that time who had no idea who he was.

tb506 likes this.