1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should the internet be turned off to protect the children?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 8, 2015.

?

Should the internet be shut off?

1. Yes, think of the children!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I'm so cold and lonely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

It's Trump again!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...l-ask-bill-gates-to-close-it-up-a6764396.html

Donald Trump has called for the internet to be turned off so that children can no longer use it.

The presidential hopeful said that “We’ve got to maybe do something with the internet,” because it was being used to radicalise people. He said that he would “see Bill Gates” so that he could look into “closing it up”.

Speaking at the same event where he called for a “complete shutdown” on Muslims entering the US, Mr Trump laid out a rough plan for stopping the influence of Isis.

Children in America are “watching the internet and they want to be masterminds”, Trump said in a speech.

I'm pretty sure this is news to Bill Gates, who probably didn't realise he had control over the internet. Still, do you think shutting the internet off would be a good thing. Has the internet made the world a better or worse place?

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Has a ring of this to it:

kibosh likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

kibosh likes this.
  4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

that he even thinks he CAN stop the internet is causing my head to hurt.

kibosh and lanokia like this.