1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should the EYFS be extended in to Year 1?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lea_g88, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm currently completing a dissertation on the transition from Reception to Year One and the importance of play and would like to gain some opinions on whether the EYFS should be extended to Year One? And should formal learning begin when children reach the age of six, similar to other countries? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
    Leanne

2. Hi everyone,
    I'm currently completing a dissertation on the transition from Reception to Year One and the importance of play and would like to gain some opinions on whether the EYFS should be extended to Year One? And should formal learning begin when children reach the age of six, similar to other countries? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
    Leanne

3. Additionally, I'd be grateful for any suggestions of recent literature regarding this topic other than the Cambridge Primary Review. Thank you.

4. Only if they move the Year 2 SAT! Im under pressure from both below and above! FS teacher wants me to be more like her and the Y2 teacher to help prepare them for the Y2 SATs!!