1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should staff be told the outcome on the final day of inspection?

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by snowyhead, Jan 16, 2011.

1. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Teaching colleagues in schools who have undergone inspection under the new regime were told by HT at an ad hoc staff meeting directly after meeting with inspectors and Chair of Governors.
    What is the protocol?

2. I think it is up to the school.

3. In most schools I have been in / heard about, the staff are usually told immediately afterwards but then asked not to share it outside the school until publication. I think staff have a right to know on the proviso that it is not made public and that they are made aware that grades are not confirmed until publication. Interestingly, our LA advisor must have told colleagues at the LA, as a job candidate knew our result before it had been published, because they had a friend who was also an advisor...

4. Correct Katman- the report is not final until its been moderated, as the grades amy change.(up or down) Therefore it can be shared within the organisation on that basis, but not externally or used to make those lovely banners or brochures schools make when they have done well . Not to mention the websites, newspaper articles etc. Simple really. Z

5. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Thank you. So, a head and chair of governors who do not share the outcome with staff either mistrust them or have something to hide from them.