1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should role be a TLR 2a 2b...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Pambarker777, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Pambarker777

Pambarker777 New commenter

Hi, What might a maths KS4 coordinator of an 800 student Academy expect to get? Could it reasonably attract a 2b, which I believe is around £4000? Could you expect to jump a few scales on the mps as well? Thanks

2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

I think a 2b would be reasonable but if their budget is tight they will try to get away with 2a. Jumping MPS no unless they judge you as an outstanding teacher in all respects - in other words your PM was so good that they judge you are the best thing since sliced bread, even so unlikely that you would rise by more than one point on the MPS after a successful PM cycle.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there to the OP, and welcome to the forum.

For this sort of comparative pay query, it can often be very helpful to do a job search on TES Jobs.

I have just selected on the drop down menus Secondary Maths TLR2 and this is the result

So do try that!

Now another matter . . . I wonder if that is your real name? If so, please read:

* * * You should NOT use your own name and photo as Username and avatar * * *

Best wishes

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Head of a key stage at the school I worked at (slightly bigger) was not seen as worth a 2b - to get that, you had to be 2nd in Maths as well. I thought that reasonable, but it does depend on what you are expected to do. In the end, it depends on the school's salary structure.

flyingcircusfreak likes this.
  5. Pambarker777

Pambarker777 New commenter

Very helpful indeed. Thank you.

6. flyingcircusfreak

flyingcircusfreak New commenter

As @Piranha says, it depends on the structure. If it's in your current school (assuming not indy), you ought to be able to find out, as the governors are supposed to be consulted if a TLR structure change is proposed. In many schools this sort of information might be found in a handbook or pay policy, perhaps hidden deep in the network!