1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

should NQTS get some form of certificate??

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by LERlee, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I completed my NQT year in July, but since my return to school there has been no mention of me recieving any sort of paper confirmation.. certificate?? i have a sheet with the heads signature, a copy of which got sent off to the LA... just wondering what usually happens now??

2. As long as the LA have sent off your forms, you should receive a certificate from the GTCE saying that you have completed induction. The certificate looks similar to your QTS one. If you haven't had anything by the end of September then ring the GTCE to see if they have received notice that you have successfully completed induction. If they haven't, get on to your LA NQT co-ordinator.
    Hope that helps!

3. should this certificate be sent to my home address??? or the school??

4. Mine got sent to the school, as the LA told the GTC that I was on a maternity contract. Ring up the GTC if you are unsure.

5. I haven't got mine yet either.

6. I was wondering this too - I have started at a new school to so hopefully it comes home.

7. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Back in 2003 mine arrived in early November after completing Induction in the July.
    Your home address is not on the Induction paperwork. The certificate goes to the school where you completed Induction. If that is no longer your place of employment, contact them and ask if you should supply an SAE for forwarding of the certificate.

8. Make sure you chase it up if it doesn't come. When I passed my NQT year I asked my mentor about a certificate and she said you don't get one. I naively believed her. It wasn't until I got a new job and needed to show my certificate that I realised I should have got one! Had no end of trouble trying to sort it all out.

9. Mine arrived today. I emailed the GTC a few weeks ago. It's like my QTS certificate but says Induction on it instead. Lovely letter with it too :) It came to my home address but I haven't stayed at my NQT school and registered through my home address. probably need to change this now
    They can take up until mid-October to come through as the GTC process them in batches.