1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should Learners become Educators?

Discussion in 'Science' started by alessio, Jan 17, 2012.

1. alessio

alessio Administrator

Have you ever tried to let learners peer teach each other? If yes, how?

Have you ever planned a lesson with your learners? If yes, how?

Should our pupils become creators of content, or just consumers of content?

Please take a look at this project http://bit.ly/3q9bCS and post your views below.
    Should/could content and lesson material created by our learners be uploaded on TES? Would you and your learners benefit from it? How?

Thanks for your responses,

Alessio.

2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You lost me at "Learners".

3. beach-babe

beach-babe New commenter

With my wonderful GCSE class last year I regularly got them to present revision material to each other. In pairs/3's they had to produce a presentation and a revision resource. The kids were reluctant the first time, but after that got quite competive about who could make the best resources/ present the info in the most imaginative way.
    I stole lots of their ideas, and think that some of them could have a future in making educational resources!

4. alessio

alessio Administrator

That's very interesting! Thanks for sharing! And yes, I agree that learners can produce some really valuable stuff when they are motivated in their learning. You got me curious about the resources they produced now :)
    What was their feedback about what they learnt from the experience? Did this task have an impact in their exam results?
    Alessio.