1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should Justin Trudeau resign?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Sep 19, 2019.

?

Should be resign?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    93.7%
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Brilliant!

2. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

My Mounties tribute. It won't mean much to anybody who has not watched "Due South" on the tele though.

catmother and lanokia like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Maybe because those leaders you mentioned haven't painted themselves as being 'moral warriors'. Indeed, they've been painted as immoral [rightly or wrongly] so they are immunised against the need to atone for their wrongs. Trudeau however comes across as hypocritical on this and other issues [there was a MeToo issue involving him too]
    I pity such people.... to have lived lives so bereft of goodness.

TCSC47 likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I wonder what has shifted though? When Ralph Northam was found to have worn blackface [at a date further back than 2001] there were folks arguing he should resign on here.

Or is it because it is Trudeau? And he's a good looking man maybe? Or have we got sick of blackface being used to label folks racist? I might be remembering it wrong but didn't Sarah Silverman recently reject criticism of her for employing it in her act?

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

[​IMG]

TCSC47 likes this.
  6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Was it the birds or the President under the napkin?

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I've got half a dozen Canadian hockey jerseys, I'll lend you one

burajda likes this.
  8. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Like I said - taking a leaf out of our Dear Leader's playbook.
    Nothing wrong with being ill informed, getting it wrong, making stupid mistakes or lying.
    Get with the times.

9. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Both. Here is the apparently proper (if illegal) way of eating the poor little songbird:

upload_2019-9-19_13-59-7.jpeg

10. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

When I saw the picture I imagined he'd gone to the party dressed as a coal miner in masonic regalia. Isn't it strange how others conclude differently.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Missbubbleblue and blazer like this.
  11. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Trudeau has form. He was blacking up at school.

12. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Well, the poll is pretty much unaninmous - must be the first time all posters are in agreement. :eek:

lanokia likes this.
  13. --Badger--

--Badger-- Occasional commenter

Why is it being described as 'brownface'? Whenever anyone does this it is usually called blackface even if the perp looks brown. I don't think Trudeau should resign but you can see the media/press trying to diminish what he did.

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

If the Elephant Man was still alive he'd be triggered by that image - have you no sensitivity?

Maybe it's a generational thing but I find all blackface people look the same to me. :)

[​IMG]
    Coming here stealing our sparkly top hats, chasing white women around 1960s TV studios..

15. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Established commenter

Plot twist: 8B3ABA30-A322-4F9E-B24A-E4008634E841.jpeg

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I believe it's because the party he was attending was an 'Arabian Nights' themed one... and so his tanning efforts were to mimic the skin tone of a Middle East resident...

In the racial categorisation Black = African or of African descent, Brown = anyone not white who isn't from Africa [except Oriental Asians who are a bit problematic].

Hence 'Brownface'

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Come on... we know the script...

*check hierarchy of social justice* That isn't valid because white people aren't an oppressed group! OMG you utter bigot.

alex_teccy likes this.
  18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You jinked it... soon after you posted one contrarian voted yes!

chelsea2 likes this.
  19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It was a fancy dress parry F F S.
    How ridiculously sensitive some folk are..................the world is full of snowflakes of all 100 genders (according to BBC).
    The world has gone completely mad!

caress, TCSC47, alex_teccy and 4 others like this.
  20. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

C'est moi. There's plenty he should resign for, not just this.

lanokia likes this.