1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should Justin Trudeau resign?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Sep 19, 2019.

?

Should be resign?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    93.7%
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

No.

Trudeau received thanks for his commitment to indigenous issues during an elaborate ceremony on the Tsuut'ina First Nation near Calgary in March 2016, where he was bestowed with a traditional headdress and an aboriginal name, Gumistiyi, which translates to "the one that keeps trying."

Tsuut'ina member Hal Eagletail, who acted as the master of ceremony, said the headdresses are only bestowed upon recipients the band believes will be warriors for them.

"We have the right to give this headdress to who we feel is worthy," Eagletail said. "In our Tsuut'ina culture, when you're elected a leader, you've earned that right to receive the headdress, because you need to go do battle for us."

neddyfonk likes this.
  2. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

"We love the Canadians, but hate the French"

Speak for yourself, schoolsout4summer.

lanokia and nomad like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Thank you for that effort Nomad... my tongue was in my cheek when I posted that but I appreciate the information.

nomad likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

When you say 'We' ... can I just make it clear I'm not included in that 'We'.

nizebaby and nomad like this.
  5. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Not me either. TBH I prefer the French over Canadians. Must be an EU thing.

6. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Slightly off the topic of disrespectfully painting your face a colour which you are not, for youthful shallow party purposes even though you will later go on to hold the highest ranking job in you country, this is a welcome chance to remind about the time my mum saw this CD cover lying on our table and said "Oooo! I didn't know Justin Trudeau was a singer too!".

upload_2019-9-19_10-50-14.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  7. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

The tragic nature and irony of this is that Trudeau has to appear before the camera with a grovelling apology, whilst the likes of Johnson and Trump (in particular) drive a الحصان والعربة through any shame they should have for the multiplicity of actions of racism, misogyny, lying and all, they have done.

We and the Americans should both be acutely embarrassed for allowing our leaders to get away with it before we think about anybody else's leaders.

8. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

How about a call for Trump to resign for having an orange face?

smoothnewt, yasf, BelleDuJour and 5 others like this.
  9. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Definitely. Those poor appropriated oompah loompahs. Or maybe he really is one!

smoothnewt, aypi, peter12171 and 3 others like this.
  10. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

He is an oompah loompah on steroids and amphetamines.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  11. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The French can point out that no such scandals would ever happen under the high morals standards of the politicians of the French Republic. On his election in 2017, Mr Macron has vowed to maintain an “exemplary attitude” amongst his political colleagues. No scandals about politicians utilising fighter jets to fly home for the weekend for example. Food banks? Let them eat lobsters.

caress likes this.
  12. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Available (live) in most markets and large supermarkets. I do love France for their attitude to food.

13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I hope I'm never invited to a Canadian themed fancy dress event.

TCSC47 and lanokia like this.
  14. theselofane

theselofane Occasional commenter

Foot in moutht for you. Well done.

15. burajda

burajda Star commenter

They still don't get this vegetarian fad.

16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

They taste even better when provided at lavish dinner parties for politicians paid for by the peasant taxpayers of Macronland..

monicabilongame likes this.
  17. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Numerous investigations have concluded that such events are merely myths, unlike the trashing of restaurants which I understand is sadly true.

nomad likes this.
  18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

And presumably French presidents after Mitterand no longer illegally dine on endangered species of tiny birds with their head under a napkin in order not to be seen allow the flavours to escape?

caress, monicabilongame and nomad like this.
  19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

neddyfonk, chelsea2 and TCSC47 like this.
  20. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Cultural appropriation. Should be banned.

lanokia likes this.