1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I tell OFSTED?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Msz, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Well that would ensure they learn the objective if nothing else...
    easy

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL Loved this post!

Sounds like your son has got school sussed already and that it is a great school.

3. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

I asked my daughter about WALT and WILF one day. She said the teacher had them pinned up next to the whiteboard. I asked her what they meant; she said how should she know I hardly ever let her watch Disney films.

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

'We dont learn things every day' is surely on par with the standard year 1 response of 'I cant remember'... but yes tell Ofsted - maybe they will call an immediate inspection based upon this information and close the school down. :eek:

5. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

I too am shocked that this y1 child cannot define and quantify his learning on a daily basis. I totally agree that if he can't do this at 6, then the whole school need investigating pdq, so definitely call OFSTED. Lol! I think you would probably call OFSTED if he could tell you as that would imply a school full of 6 year olds being drilled daily rather than being given opportunities to learn in many different ways.

6. Sums up the sad state of primary education today. Yes, call OfSted: with their undoubted expertise and god-like status, they'll be able to bring unquestionable judgement on this sorry excuse for a school.

7. Just found this thread, haven't laughed so much for ages!!! BTW can't sleep ...again..so popped on here...have stopped thinking about what was keeeping me awake and can go to sleep now, thank you!