1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Stay or should I go?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by AlexisBarnard, Feb 17, 2012.

1. <font size="2">Like most student
    teachers I wanted to change the world and vowed never to be the old fart
    refusing to do more than the job spec, to always go the extra mile and to
    always move with the times and be brave in my teaching methods. Sadly after 8
    years swimming against the tide of the same staff room politics I feel my bones
    growing stiff, my style going stale and my mojo moving on.</font>

<font size="2">I adore teaching and want to continue teaching and inspiring,
    despite being uninspired. With no room for Prof Development in my current
    school, and indecision as to where to go, I&rsquo;m considering a position abroad,
    hopefully to broaden my horizons as a learner as well as a teacher. I suppose
    what I&rsquo;m asking is ... am I being selfish, stupid or savvy. I admit to applying
    ***** nilly to some positions, but now with serious thought some advice as to
    where to seek employment would be gratefully received.</font>
    <font size="2"> I am a single, just
    turning 30 with no financial commitments and looking to join a community of
    young teachers, the world is my oyster- but where to start please?</font>

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Start on the Teaching Overseas Forum here on the TES. Just read around and get some ideas. Then search that forum (and google) and see if there is a Job Fair in London soonish.
    And look at the jobs that are currently available.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com