1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by ermferrari, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I'm living and working in a new International School in Poland and can't decide if I should see out the year or resign and leave at Christmas.

The school takes Foundation - IB1 but at the moment it only has primary with a grand total of 15 students. I was working as maternity leave cover at one of the company's over branches when I was asked if I wanted to take the position of Year 5 & 6 class teacher. I didn't have any previous primary experience and I don't have any teaching qualifications other than a CELTA. There are 4 other full-time teachers at the school who are quite experienced.

I don't know the place I'm living in very well and I don't have many friends who live here but the pay is good and I have almost unlimited freedom.

I intend to either follow a graduate teacher training scheme back in the UK or study for a PGCE come next September but I'm worried my experience won't count with the British educational establishment and that I might have a job fitting in - teaching style wise - with the fresh-faced graduates.

If I go there will be trouble ... if I stay will there be double?