1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I/Shouldn`t I??

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Tan1976, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Advice needed please!!
    I am a PGCE student and I have started to apply for jobs. I want to apply for a teaching post which is in Foundation; however, I haven`t taught, as yet, in Reception and the deadline is soon. I will be teaching reception in my final placement which starts in May and finishes in July.
    Should I or shouldn`t I apply for jobs which are in a different year group to those I have taught?
    Many Thanks

2. Yes apply.

Mention why you want to work with foundation stage.

Mention that you WILL be working with foundation stage and if possible what you plan to do with them.

Mentioned how the experience you currently have can be transferred to a foundation stage post. For example, I assume you already have experience of planning/ behaviour management etc.

Next time you have a urgent question put 'Dear Theo' in the subject line and you'll get a (faster) response from our resident expert, Theo Griff.

Good luck with the application. :)

3. ShinyShiny Star,

Thank you so much for your reply. Your advice is much appreciated! :)

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

In general you do (although my official contract is 2 or 3 times a week - I normally do 2 or 3 times at least per day), but today i have been busy working in London at TES Towers doing seminars.
    So a late response, but Shiny Shiny (recently got a job - great going there!0 has answered very well.
    Just make sure that you follow all the advice - here's a quick summary:
    Thinking of going for a new post. Should the app form be submitted in blocks?
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

5. Sorry Theo, I wasn't meaning to accuse you of anything! I just thought you might of missed the post as it didn't have 'Dear Theo' in the title.

(Probably a case of 'typing before I think', didn't mean to offend!)