1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I keep my Uni work?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Jessie86_l, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Hi
    A bit of strange one. I qualified several years ago and have kept my Uni work. I am in the process of (hopefully) moving and wondering whether there is any need to keep it. I suppose I had thought that I would refer back to it in my job but as yet I haven't needed to and with most information been readily available on the Internet I am not sure if this is practical. But then it is a bit scary to throw 4 years of work out.
    Just wondered what others had done? I qualified in 2008...have I kept it too long already? :) Has anyone ever needed anything/or used anything as 'evidence' from their Uni work??
    Many thanks

2. I moved 3 years after I qualified and when I was packing I realised I had never opened any of the uni folders in those 3 years.
    I threw them straight in the bin without even checking what was in them. I didn't need them, I didn't know exactly what was in them and my life hasn't fallen to pieces without it all!
    Be ruthless, you will feel better for it (and be clutter free!)

3. Thanks....I might have to keep the folders :) can't let stationary go!

4. inq

inq

I threw all of my PGCE work away last year - 10 years after qualifying and never having looked at it!

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

i threw all my Ou and teacher training stuff away as i have never used it in 20 years.........out to went the gce and a leverl stuff as well.
    One does wonder why we learnt it as most of it was never used in my teaching!

6. I have kept an electronic copy of my final block placement planning, along with my dissertation. They don't take up any physical space, and I worked so hard on them I just can;t bear to get rid of them, even after 5 years of full time teaching and never looking at them since!

I must say that the rest went as soon as I moved house - a year after I qualified.

7. Just be careful to properly shred any document with confidential information on. [​IMG]

8. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I think I must be more sentimental. I have not kept work, but have kept all my assignments and teaching placement folders. They fit in one small cardboard box that is in my loft. I qualified 20 years ago.