1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

should i have TLR?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by poultry3, Jul 25, 2015.

1. advice please! i have been doing the senco role all year on 50% timetable (although not called the senco), and have done the senco award this year -will get accreditation in october, In sept, i am to do the senco role full time, i have asked if i am to be TLR1 in sept and have been told no, it will be reviewed when my accreditation comes through. should i not get the TLR point from sept?? i have been told that the school could have given me extra pay last year, but accepted it wasnt going to happen as they paid for my senco training. should i push for the point?

2. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

There used to be SENCO 'points' for SENCOs (like TLRs, but specific to people whose timetable was working with SN children mainly). Don't know if they still exist - given the Government seems to be denying children have SN!!

And if you're in an academy - who knows??

3. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

It has to be in the staffing structure agreed by governors. You cannot be 'given' a TLR that does not exist in the structure. At best you could get a TLR3 for a one off project I think outside of the structure. It may be that the governors will look at revising the structure to accomodate this. At the moment though there is no point to be had.

Before accepting this role you should have really clarified the position of pay.

4. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

It has to be in the staffing structure agreed by governors. You cannot be 'given' a TLR that does not exist in the structure. At best you could get a TLR3 for a one off project I think outside of the structure. It may be that the governors will look at revising the structure to accommodate this. At the moment though there is no point to be had.

Before accepting this role you should have really clarified the position of pay.

5. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter