1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I get summer pay?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by a_honey0923, Jul 1, 2011.

1. I have worked on a full time contract as an LSA at a primary school since June 2010 (I started in sept 2009 on agency contract) I work with a child who is leaving the school at the end of this academic year, and so i am too leaving, mostly because i am starting my PGCE in September. The school have issued me with a letter stating that because the child I work with is leaving, my final day will be July 22nd and I will get paid until this day. I am confused about whether or not I will get summer pay as I have worked the whole academic year, or at least should my final pay check be adjusted?

2. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

It depends on what terms you are paid. You may find that you are paid only for your hours in the classroom (ie term-time only) but the annual total of this has been divided into 12 pay packets. In this case, they would need to pay you for the whole academic year, since you have already earned the money. You need to do a quick bit of maths!