1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

should I exercise in 2ww?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hi Ladies,
    After a bit of advice. I haven't exercised in over 2 years (too lazy!), but my OH has managed to get us both a 10 day free pass at Fitness First. He wants us to go together tonight and take advantage of the offer (we've both put on weight since we got married).
    I'm 2DPO today and have been TTC since April 2010. I was just wondering if I should go with him today? If I regularly exercised it wouldn't be a problem, but as it's been so long and I'm unfit, would the extra strain ruin my chances?

2. Hi Ladies,
    After a bit of advice. I haven't exercised in over 2 years (too lazy!), but my OH has managed to get us both a 10 day free pass at Fitness First. He wants us to go together tonight and take advantage of the offer (we've both put on weight since we got married).
    I'm 2DPO today and have been TTC since April 2010. I was just wondering if I should go with him today? If I regularly exercised it wouldn't be a problem, but as it's been so long and I'm unfit, would the extra strain ruin my chances?

3. trish82

trish82 New commenter

Hey Antoniou
    Exercising will have absolutely no effect on TTC - if anything, it's encouraged! Maybe a bit of light...yes light exercise will help take your mind off TTCing for an hour or two! How about a brisk walk on the treadmill/cross-trainer and a wee cycle! Doesn't have to be too energetic?! I know that when I was TTC, I tried to exercise as much as I could be bothered (not as much as I had the time or the inclination for), and I really enjoyed thosse brief periods in the gym when my mind was somewhere else for a short time!!
    Enjoy!!
    T

4. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I think there are certain exercises you shouldn't do when TTC, especially if you're not used to exercise, like using powerplates and doing lots of abs work, but cardio should be absolutely fine. The fitter you are the better! I went to gym/aerobics while i TTC and until 35 weeks pregnant with my son. I swear being fit helped me conceive and also have good labours.

5. Thanks both. I did go in the end. I did about 45 mins cardio work: cross trainer, bike and treadmill (fast walk as boobs hurt if I run!!)
    I've decided that when OH joins up properly, I will go with him on a Friday as the gym offers free entry to a friend on Fridays!

6. Hi, i've heard spining classes and zumba fitness are both quite dangerous for early pregnancy, I stopped Zumba immediately, as i was really worried that i might shake my little bean out of its basket.

Best wishes ttc, it took me 10mnths,