1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

should I contact the chair of governors or not?

Discussion in 'Governors' started by Gila, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hello, I'm a primary school teacher and am about to leave a temporary position. There are some issues which have made my time at the school extremely unhappy, and I feel the governors should know about some of them. Should I try to get in touch with the head of the governing body, or is this not the right thing to do? I'm still fairly new to teaching, so not sure what is 'normal' or ok.

2. Hello, I'm a primary school teacher and am about to leave a temporary position. There are some issues which have made my time at the school extremely unhappy, and I feel the governors should know about some of them. Should I try to get in touch with the head of the governing body, or is this not the right thing to do? I'm still fairly new to teaching, so not sure what is 'normal' or ok.

3. There are one or two courses of action open depending on the "issues". You could request an exit interview with the HT.
    If you have issues involving the HT you could write to the CoG.
    However I would wonder why you would wish to do either of these. You have been unhappy, are others? Is it just that you don't fit?
    Any action you take may well be seen as sour grapes, perhaps.
    Maybe best to just move on.