1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I complain?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by khru, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hear, hear.
    I suppose that one positive has come of the experience..... you'll never have to go back there again! I'm impressed with how professional your were with such an unpleasant character. A couple of weeks ago a teacher refused to help me with a notorious group until he was threatened with me walking out and leaving him to teach 2 groups simultaneously. After the lesson I vented to the Head of Department and an Assistant Head (both of whom were fantastic and very supportive) and have refused to ever go back that school again- not that I think they would want me!

2. Unfortunately, it's all too familiar. From the agency's point of view, the school is their customer and they are unlikely to be terribly sympathetic to you. Just celebrate the good days and say nothing. Schools are networked, heads talk to each other and you don't want a reputation.

3. WeeMcBeastie

WeeMcBeastie New commenter

Thanks everyone. I will ring the agency on Monday as I was too angry and upset to get my point across properly when I spoke to them on Friday. I actually found out that the school is in special measures and one of the reason stated for this was 'lack of communication and organisation! There was also a head teachers comment on their website stating that they were unhappy with their inspection report and that they were complaining about the Inspection team!!! I mean who does that? They obviously have their heads so far up their own backsides! There was also a comment that they didn't think it was fair that the inspection team demanded that a member of their teaching staff was made to apologise to an inspector! It makes me wonder if the teacher in question was the same one who was so rude to me. It would explain a lot!

4. Mrs-Pip

Mrs-Pip New commenter

Be sure to mention all this when you speak to the agency! Especially the bit about the inspector apology. There you go, rude and stressed out who probably wish they were on supply right now! If they can't hack it they should quit! They were obviously full of jealousy that you can go home and forget about work! So do that and don't let them spoil your weekend.

5. janeygrey

janeygrey New commenter

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you. I agree with some of the other poster -, not much point in contacting the head as he will surely side with his staff. I sincerely hope that you can put it to the back of your mind and enjoy your weekend. They were incredibly rude and spoilt your Friday. Don't let them spoil your entire weekend as well. Take care xx

6. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

What surprises me the most is how the teachers behave that way infront of children in the school! You will always get nasty pasties in every job,place and building...hopefully you wont run into these types again. Although may I suggest you make a supply pack (theres an excellent one on here in resources) and have a whole bag of tricks Reception-Year 6 just incase you get thrown in it for whatever reason. I turned up to a school booked for year 2 and I was teaching year 5 with no set work, I had some bits and had seen their previous work so made something up.