1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a new push chair?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Chull, Mar 11, 2011.

1. My son is 19 months old and I am toying with the idea of getting a new stroller/pram. We currently have the Mothercare my 4 and have loved it. However, we think it has had its day: it has gone all lopsided, you have to bend down and pull the brake up by hand as it no longer works properly and there is a strange dragging sensation when we push it.
    My mum looks after Will whilst I work and she has a Mamas and Papas Luna. We bought the Luna as it was less of a hassle to have a pushchair at each house rather than having to move one between the two. Though they seem to swap houses alot.

So, I am now wondering whether we should just share the Luna or whether it is worth me buying a new pushchair, and if so which one I should get. I have around £100 to spend, and would want something I can walk long distances with along country tracks. It would need to fold small for our boot and, most importantly needs to fold very easily. My mum has bad arthritis in her hands which makes folding the prams difficult, she has coped so far, but If I could make things easier. So, any ideas, or are they all much of a muchness? I hate shopping and have slready spent two afternoons comparing pushchairs that all seem much the same! I have not liked many, but maybe because I liked the My 4 so much.
    Part of me also wonders if it worth buying a 19 month old a new pram. What age do they stop using them?