1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by susanrk, Aug 5, 2019.

1. susanrk

susanrk Occasional commenter

For several weeks I've been trying to get the Academy I worked for to correct my Full Time Equivalent salary with the TPS as I knew I was being paid more than was on my service history. This still isn't resolved. Today I've been on my pension online and can no longer see service history etc as my pension is obviously being processed. Is it still possible for figures to be corrected? Many thanks.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Speak to Teachers Pensions. They are often very helpful.

3. susanrk

I've spoken to them several times thank you but obviously thy can't take my word for things.
    I'll keep trying with them and with the Academy.

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Do you have the payslips and P60s? Would TPS accept copies of those as evidence if the academy doesn’t confirm your salary correctly?

5. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

Speak to your union and if you have payslips all the better. I left an academy and it took 9 months to rectify my service record but better to do it now than trying to sort it out much later.

6. susanrk

Thank you so much. Yes that's th route I'm hoping to take with Union involvement if necessary.

7. diddydave

diddydave Occasional commenter

The union will have a lot of experience so I'd be guided by them. I wouldn't be surprised that a note from them to the academy informing them that they may be liable for any financial loss due to an incorrect calculation based on their inaccurate record keeping may help.

eljefeb90 likes this.
  8. susanrk

A great sentence for a Union quote. Thank you so much.